The Story of Trust

What separates us from the animal world? Google provides many answers but none satisfied me. It talked about biology and genetic difference. Even 2 human have different gene structure. Chimps and humans gene-structure differs by 1.2%. I searched for more subtle differences. Then came the language. But language seemed an effect and I thought there must be a cause behind that.

And the cause is nothing but the 'trust'. When we started trusting each other, their arose a need for communication and thus the language was born. Trust is a bio-psychological process by which we tend to believe on others for our welfare. I trust my family that they will always think good for me, and thus delaying my next exchequer(for my good :( ). I trust my friends they will curse me for the bhasad I have written :D. I trusted my professors that they would make my life more miserable in years to come(and it actually happened).

But the story of trust have taken new dimensions. We trust a piece of cotton approved by our government having words, " i promise the bearer to pay the sum of xyz rupees". We trust a magnetic tape to save our skin when we go for shopping or dining next time. We also trust that if next time we default our payment , then goons will be there on the doors. The government trusts us that what ever actions they take (any action also indicates inaction!!), we won't pay heed to anything. The politicians trust us how much they have fleeced us, we will vote them again, and giving them one more opportunity to fleece us :(.!! We trust that by using that cream we will become fairer; by that medicine we/it will become longer (you can report SPAM for this); using that shampoo, we will have hair-regrowth; by drinking that, we will become handsome.Trust have given rise to miracles!! And our trust is continuously being exploited!! Lets have a MOBILE MAXX TIMEOUT from this topic now.


Rohit Gattani

p.s The ideas and views expressed by the writer are his own and not copied from anywhere, and it was written under totally normal state, without the influence of any psycho-active compound.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

good one.. ;)

hardik said...

I see what you're trying to communicate, but it's more "Faith" than "trust"...

rohit said...

@saurabh:thanks..
@hardik: yes its trust on others..which is faith...both are synonyms..

Post a Comment